Our Commitment to Accessibility
Mawer is committed to providing an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment for all clients, employees, and community members. That means ensuring people with disabilities can access our space and services with ease, dignity, and independence.
As part of our ongoing efforts to further advance diversity, equity, and inclusionary practices at the firm, Mawer has developed a Multi-Year Accessibility Plan to outline the steps we will take to identify, prevent, and remove any potential barriers for people with disabilities.
Our accessibility plan has been created in accordance with the Accessible Canada Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and related regulations.
Multi-Year Accessibility Plan: 2021-2026
Over the next five years, our focus is to complete the following initiatives designed to advance accessibility standards at Mawer:
- Include a module on accessibility in our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion training course which will be available to all employees.
- Deepen our understanding of the specific needs of clients with disabilities through community partnerships and inclusive user research.
- Further refine the process for fulfilling requests for accessible document formats.
- Enhance our talent acquisition approach to remove potential barriers related to hiring, retaining, and providing career development for people with disabilities by:
- conducting a review of the current employee lifecycle to determine where accessibility could be included or enhanced, and to ensure that accommodations are available where required;
- ensuring employee learning systems meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines; and
- creating a formal process to request accommodations.
- Continue to review our existing policies, services, and facilities to meet and maintain the latest accessibility standards.
Accessibility at Mawer
Mawer acknowledges that everyone has different needs, experiences, and opportunities. We believe that by designing systems, programs, and processes with accessibility in mind, we can provide better services and support for people with disabilities. Accordingly, we have implemented the following standards:
Our offices comply with all relevant building codes and applicable legislation in Canada, providing barrier-free spaces that are accessible for everyone.
Our websites, digital applications, and content adhere to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.
Information & Communications
Information and communications are provided in a timely, accessible, respectful manner that allows for and encourages feedback and engagement.
Mawer strives to create an inclusive culture where every employee is respected for their unique experiences, perspectives, and identities. As part of our accessibility plan, we provide:
- Individualized accommodation plans for employees and applicants with disabilities and accessibility needs.
- Return-to-work plans for employees who have been absent from work for various reasons, including disability and/or illness.
Our recruiting process also includes notifying all applicants about the availability of accommodation for applicants with disabilities. It is our priority to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request reasonable accommodation during the application process.
To request a reasonable accommodation for the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will continue to meet legislative and regulatory requirements, adjust and update our Multi-Year Accessibility Plan and other accessibility plans as necessary, and submit essential compliance reports to the appropriate regulators.
We welcome and encourage feedback to help us better identify barriers to accessibility, ways we can improve, and address any concerns.
The above information can be provided in an accessible format by clicking the blue accessibility icon on the bottom left of your screen or can be made available upon request.