Boring, Common Sense Investing Since 1974
We are a privately owned, independent investment management firm specializing in global and domestic equity, balanced, and fixed income strategies. For nearly half a century, we have helped institutional and individual clients successfully navigate the shifting market landscape and many economic cycles using our disciplined, “boring,” investment approach.
We are committed to our independence as we believe it provides stability, reinforces our long-term view, and frees us to make decisions in the best interest of our clients.
Ultimately, our purpose is to provide clients with financial peace of mind. To achieve this, we strive to deliver long-term investment excellence, build strong client partnerships, and do the right thing—always.
As of September 30, 2022
Mawer & Associates
Our core values form the foundation of our firm. We think of them as much more than words on a wall; they reflect what is truly important to us and serve as a compass for our actions.
Act with Integrity
Put Clients' Interests First
Work as a Team
- We hold ourselves and each other to the highest ethical standards.
- We believe that there are no small breaches of integrity.
- We do what we say we’ll do.
- We take ownership of our mistakes.
- We are consistent in thought, word, and deed.
- We are honest, open, and candid.
- We keep the camels out of our tent.
- We never forget that clients have entrusted us with their money.
- We know that by helping our clients succeed, we succeed.
- We treat our clients with the same care and respect as our family and friends.
- We continually look for ways to delight our clients and deliver the best experience.
- We are objective in our advice and know that “yes” isn’t always the right answer.
- We believe that excellence does not equal perfection.
- We are relentlessly curious and have a passion for learning.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We are doers as well as thinkers.
- We encourage and inspire everyone to achieve more than they think they can.
- We succeed or fail as a team.
- We aim to be egoless and humble—ideas matter, not titles.
- We recognize that no one has a monopoly on the truth.
- We believe that every seat on the bus is valuable.
- We play to strengths and spend most of our time working in our genius areas.
- We care about our teammates’ successes and help them achieve their goals.
- We think and act like owners; investing for the future and managing risk.
- We are comfortable with giving up short-term wins for long-term success.
- We strive to be resilient no matter how the future unfolds.
- We act as stewards of the jersey.
We work in an open, non-hierarchical culture which encourages candid communication, fosters trust, and thereby enables effective decision-making throughout the firm. After all, diversity of thought within a team is meaningless unless individuals have the humility to hold their stories lightly and to engage in respectful debate.
Ideas matter—not titles. We strive to be honest, humble, relentlessly curious, and to seek continual improvement. We think and act like owners and are comfortable giving up short-term wins for long-term success. This culture supports a decision-making and workplace environment that is clear, focused, and passionate, helping to contribute to high retention rates within the team.
Learn More About Mawer's Culture
- Culture checklist: One firm, eight boxes, 10 successful year (CFA Institute, Jim Ware)
- Why culture is important to risk management (Paul Moroz, CFA, Chief Investment Officer)
- Post-mortem: Learnings from 2020 | EP80 (Paul Moroz, CFA, Chief Investment Officer)
- The enemy is us: Mitigating confirmation bias (Rob Campbell, CFA, Institutional Portfolio Manager)
- The competitive advantage of high performing teams | EP06 (Vijay Viswanathan, CFA, MBA, Director of Research)